- Once the site is selected the appropriate drilling method chosen.
- The contractor may use any drilling technique that he feels is able to achieve the depth and diameter required. The most preferred drilling method is rotary percussion.
- The borehole should be drilled at least six meters below the water bearing layers that the contractor shall know whether the borehole should be abandoned or drilled deeper.
- During drilling a sample of the strata penetrated is collected after every two meter’s drilled and stored in a place where they cannot be contaminated.
- Some of the water drilled is used by the drilling team in the campsite. How this water is obtained, stored and pumped is determined by the contractor.